Sunday, November 8, 2009

To Those Who Have Never Known The Magic Of Fall

To Those Who Have Never Known The Magic Of Fall

By Benjamin Herrington

I am sorry that you have never had the fortune to witness the wonderful works created by trees as their leaves leave behind envious greens, trading them for royal golds that yield their vibrant orange that makes way for a fiery crimson that fades to a crispy cinnamon brown.

I pity you for your lack of knowledge regarding luke-warm days that evolve into cool nights with crisp delicious air that bears a hint of burning wood stoked in fireplaces and woodstoves.

It saddens me deeply to think of how you have never enjoyed the spirit of Halloween, the gluttony of Thanksgiving, the anticipation of the impending Christmas season.

I shall, in sympathy, raise my cider glass high and give a toast-
To those who have never known the magic of fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment